How to Cook Japanese Fried Chicken, Tori Karaage?
fantasticCrispy on the outside and juicy on the inside!
The key to making delicious fried chicken is thoroughly explained in each step of the process: seasoning, battering, and deep-frying.
This is a recipe by our professional Japanese chef who knows all about fried chicken. The taste of freshly fried karaage made at home is fantastic! It is great as a side dish with rice or as a snack with beer!
How to make Japanese fried Chicken professionally? Let’s make it!
- 3/4 oz Flour
- 1 oz Potato Starch
- 2 tbs Mayonnaise
- 16 oz Canola Oil
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the cut chicken thighs in a plastic bag such as a ziploc.
- To season the cut chicken, put all the chicken base ingredients into the bag.
- Put the mayonnaise into the plastic bag.
- Leave all of the ingredients for 30 minutes in the plastic bag.
- Mix potato starch and flour in a bowl.
Fry Chicken First Time
- Put the cut chicken into the mixed batter
- Heat canola oil to 340 F degrees with a pan
- Put the cut chicken in the oil, and fry it for 4 minutes.
- Lift the chicken from the oil.
- Leave the chicken for more than 3 minutes.
Fry Chicken Second Time
- Heat the oil to 380 F degrees.
- Fry the first fried chicken for 1 minutes.
- Lift the second fried chicken.
- Ready to eat now!