How to Make Marinated Tuna Rice Bowl, Maguro Zuke Don?
How to make marinated tuna rice bowl? It is a dish that is rarely made at home in Japan. However, it’s easy to make, just marinate raw fish fillets in a sauce made with seasonings and serve it on rice.
If you are tired of eating sashimi, try making it for your additional dish!
Let’s make the marinated tuna rice!
- 6.1 oz Rice
- 6.5 oz Water
- 7 oz Fresh Tuna
- 1 tsp Wasabi
- 2 sheet perilla Leaf Shiso
- 1 tsp Roasted Sesame
- 1 tsp Shreaded Seaweed Nori
- Wash rice with cold water in a pot.
- Put water into a pot. Adjust the amount of water to the line of the rick cooker pot. 12.2 oz of rice's line is 2. Turn on the rice cooker to start cooking.
- Put cooking sake and mirin into a pan. Heat it to evaporate their alcohol.
- Stop heating and put it into ice water to cool it down. Put soy sauce at this timing. Then, leave it until the sauce gets perfectly cool.
- Cut fresh tuna like the picture shows. The point is to make tuna's fibers striped. It makes the texture of tuna much better when biting!
- Put the cut tuna and the mixed sauce together in a bowl. Leave it for 30 minutes
- After marinating, put rice in a bowl, put shredded seaweed on the rice, and then put the cut tuna.
- Shred perilla leaves and put it on the tuna. Finally, put wasabi on it, and it is ready to eat!
- Sesame Oil
- Japanese red chili pepper
- Fried onions
Shin has experienced the sushi business for more than 25 years. He joined a Japanese sushi chain in Japan and was trained for sushi. in 2013, he opened Ten Sushi in Seattle , WA, and now, he is running 4 restaurants in Seattle.